Congratulations to the Financial University on joining the United Nations Academic Impact program (UNAI).
The United Nations Academic Impact (UNAI) is a global initiative that aligns over 500 universities from over 90 countries in using the educational environment as a tool for solving global problems. UNAI is based on a number of principles aimed at the promotion and protection of human rights, access to education, sustainability and conflict resolution:
1. Addressing Poverty — a commitment to addressing issues of poverty through education;
2. Capacity Building — a commitment to building capacity in higher education systems across the world;
3. Education for All — a commitment to educational opportunity for all people regardless of gender, race, religion or ethnicity;
4. Global Citizenship — a commitment to encouraging global citizenship through education;
5. Access to Higher Education — a commitment to the opportunity for every interested individual to acquire the skills and knowledge necessary for the pursuit of higher education;
6. Human Rights — a commitment to human rights, among them freedom of inquiry, opinion and speech;
7. Intercultural Dialogue — a commitment to promoting intercultural dialogue and understanding, and the "unlearning" of intolerance through education;
8. Peace and Conflict Resolution — a commitment to advancing peace and conflict resolution through education;
9. Sustainability — a commitment to promoting sustainability through education; and
10. United Nations Charter — a commitment to the principles inherent in the United Nations Charter.
UNAI provides its members with a platform for cooperation where participants can connect and share experiences in implementing educational projects and programs to further the Sustainable Development Goals and other UN mandates.
UNAI uses a variety of tools to communicate with its members (webinars, scientific events, publication of research reports and results, social media, podcasts, film screenings and more) and provides information on various forms of scholarship and grant support to students and researchers.
Joining the Academic Impact program, Financial University strengthens its relations with leading educational and scientific organisations from all over the world. In particular, the universities of Cambridge, New York, Paris, Montreal, Beijing and Geneva are members of this program. Joint research and educational programs are a priority agenda of all UNAI members.