On May 19, 2021, Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary Fernando Valderrama Pareja paid an official visit to the Financial University.
Prof. Mikhail Eskindarov opened the meeting and welcomed the guests.
"I am glad to welcome you to the Financial University! Currently, we have two students from the Kingdom of Spain at the Pre-University Training Faculty. We are always open for developing new spheres of cooperation", notes Mikhail Eskindarov.
Financial University is a partner of five Spanish educational organisations:
– Complutense University of Madrid (Madrid) is a permanent partner in the "Erasmus+" academic mobility program;
– University of Cádiz (Cádiz) offers study abroad programs and is a permanent partner in the "Erasmus+" academic mobility program;
– University of Navarra (Pamplona) has launched study abroad programs for FinU students starting from autumn 2021. The first students are to take part in the program;
– European University of Madrid (Madrid) signed a framework agreement on cooperation with the Financial University in 2020;
– ESBS European Sports Business School (Valencia) signed a framework agreement on cooperation with the Financial University in 2020. Further cooperation and joint educational programs are to be developed.
Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary Fernando Valderrama Pareja thanked for the invitation to visit the Financial University, noting how warm and friendly relations between Russia and Spain are.
It is essential for us to expand our cooperation in the field of education. Today there is a topical and important issue about the possibility of cooperation in organising a joint scientific discussion on bilateral agreements
Vice-Rector for International Cooperation Alexander Linnikov welcomed the guests and highlighted the University’s history, specifically noting the story about the children of the Spanish Civil War.
Deputy Vice-Rector for International Cooperation Andrey Rementsov, Head of the International Relations Department Lilia Prikhodko, Head of the International Students and Faculty Department Anatoly Kislyakov and Senior Lecturer of the Department of Foreign Languages and Intercultural Communication Yekaterina Goryacheva joined the meeting.
The parties discussed the main areas for further cooperation. After the talks, the delegation visited the Rector’s hall, where they learned more about the FinU history, its alumni and prominent faculty members, and also visited the Museum of Finance.