On March 25, 2021, an expert group meeting was held within the framework of the project "Education". The agenda of the meeting was dedicated to modernising the system of allocating quotas (scholarships) for foreign citizens by the Government of the Russian Federation.
Andrey Rementsov, Vice-Rector for International Cooperation, participated in the meeting on behalf of the Financial University.
The meeting noted the importance of increasing the number of educational quotas and the introduction of grants for foreign nationals. The participants considered the issue of reimbursement to foreign nationals, for instance, for educational, travel, accommodation, and insurance expenses.
In the end, the following proposals were put forward:
– Changes in the quota distribution system: increasing quotas for graduate and postgraduate students, prioritising by country and taking into account geopolitical interests;
– Setting fixed standards (tariffs) for transport, medical insurance, and notarial services;
–Establishment of a central fund to address interdepartmental issues;
– Allocation of grants for joint educational programs and continuing education programs.
The following proposals were also considered:
– Issuance of visas to foreign nationals for the duration of their studies;
– The possibility of transferring from a university to a university (from a branch to a university) without returning to the home country and with the possibility of travelling across the country.