It is the only post-Soviet master's program in Public Financial Management in English, which is implemented in collaboration with the Institute of Chartered Accountants of England and Wales (ICAEW).
The curriculum is based on the UK and US educational standards of higher education, good practices in public finance management, and scientific and methodological materials from international financial institutions (IMF, World Bank, OECD).
The purpose of the program is to train specialists with a unique set of knowledge and skills in the field of public finance who have excellent knowledge of English, who know how to develop and implement budgetary policies, macroeconomic processes and fiscal risks in the context of globalisation and high levels of economic uncertainty.
- Modern Concepts in Finance and Lending
- Modern Financial Markets (in English)
- Financial Information Reliability Control (in English) (ICAEW Assurance)
- Modern Taxation Principles (ICAEW Principles of taxation)
Students obtain knowledge about patterns and peculiarities of how financial markets function, the currency and crediting sectors, and specific features of international market of sovereign debts.
- Financial Basis of Public Administration (AGA CGFM I Government Environment)
- Financial Management and Control in Public Administration (AGA CGFM III Government Financial Management and Control)
- ICAEW Management Information;
- ICAEW Accounting;
- AGA CGFM II Government Accounting, Financial Reporting and Budgeting
- Financial and Monetary Methods of Economy Regulation (Flagship Interdepartmental Discipline of the Financial University);
- Corporate Finance (advanced level, in English, ACA/ACCA Financial Management).
Graduates of the program are oriented to work in the Ministry of Finance of the Russian Federation, the Federal Treasury and other financial bodies; bodies of state authorities of large international and domestic companies involved in the implementing state programs and projects; analytical units of the Accounting Chamber of the Russian Federation, control and accounting bodies of subjects of the Russian Federation, audit and consulting companies; representations of international financial organisations and large commercial banks