July 17, 2020 the Russian International Affairs Council held a round table “Online-Channels of Promoting Russian Universities in the World Market of Educational Services”. The round table was organised online.
Strengthening the competitive position in the global market of educational services is becoming one of the main tasks of Russian universities. Accelerating global processes, digital education, Internet and social media as well as the growing role of English as a medium of international communication, higher education institutions are forced to improve English-language electronic resources. Social networks and the English-language Internet portal are becoming one of the main tools for international marketing of higher education.
The event is timed to the release of the report by the Russian International Affairs Council “Electronic Internationalisation: English-speaking Internet Resources of Russian Universities (2020)”. The study analysed the development of English-language portals and social media accounts in Russian universities, presented an analysis of typical problems and made recommendations.
The following questions are to be discussed at the event:
1) what role English-speaking Internet resources should play in promoting Russian universities in the contemporary world educational market;
2) what modern university portal should include;
3) what dynamic of English-language electronic resources development is among Russian universities;
4) which Russian universities are ahead or lag behind their foreign competitors;
5) what universities should do to increase their presence in the English-speaking segment of the Internet and to improve the effectiveness of marketing strategies.
Representatives of the Ministry of Science and Higher Education of the Russian Federation, representatives of leading Russian universities and experts in the field of development of higher education also made comments.
For more information: russiancouncil.ru