Mikhail (Mukhadin) Abdurakhmanovich Eskindarov
Rector, the Federal State-Funded Educational Institution of Higher Professional Education “Financial University under the Government of the Russian Federation”, Doctor of Science, Economics, Professor, Honored Scholar of the Russian Federation.
Date and place of birth: November 15, 1951, Besleney Village, Karachayevo-Cherkess Autonomous Region, Stavropolsky Krai (presently — the Karachayevo-Cherkess Republic).
Marital status: married, two grownup sons
1971-1976 - Moscow Finance Institute (MFI), presently the Federal State-Funded Educational Institution of Higher Professional Education "Financial University under the Government of the Russian Federation", Department of Credit and Economics
- concentration: finances and credit
- qualification: economist
1976 - 1981 - Postgraduate course at the Department of Political Economy, MFI
Academic degrees and academic titles
1981 - PhD in Economics 1988 - Associate Professor 1998 - Professor 2000 - Doctor of Science, Economics
Moscow Finance Institute (since 2010, the Federal State-Funded Educational Institution of Higher Professional Education "Financial University under the Government of the Russian Federation")
1981-1982 - Deputy Dean, Department of Finances and Economics; assistant professor, senior lecturer at the Department of Political Economy 1982-1984 -Head of the HR department 1984-1987 - Dean, Department of International Economic Relations 1987-1991 - Head of the team of Soviet professors, University of Aden (People's Democratic Republic of Yemen, presently the Republic of Yemen) 1991 -2002 – Vice-rector for Economics, Vice-Rector for Academic Affairs, First Vice-Rector for Academic Affairs and Associate Professor, Professor at the Department of World Economy and International Currency and Credit Relations. 2002-2006 - First Vice-Rector 2006 - Rector
As Rector and President of the Academic Council at the Financial University under the Government of the Russian Federation, one of the leading economic educational and scientific research centers in Russia, Mr. Eskindarov manages its transition to a multilevel educational system (in conformity with the principles of the and all the staff towards innovative development and a modern-type research institution integrated into the European and global educational and research environment. As Chairman of the All-Russian Educational and Methodological Association (EMA) for economic disciplines, he does a lot to coordinate research and teaching activities of more than 700 higher educational institutions affiliated to EMA that train specialists in finance and economics.
Scientific research activities
Mr. Eskindarov is a distinguished economist. The range of his research interests has grown over time to embrace labor and industrial efficiency, emergence and development of financial industrial groups, corporate governance, economic aspects of world development, particularly in developing countries, problems of higher education in Russia and in the world.
Mr. Eskindarov heads the Theses Certification Council in world economics. He provides academic guidance for postgraduate students and acts as a scientific advisor for a doctorate student. He chairs the Editorial Board of the international theoretical and scientific journal Vestnik of the Finance Academy. He is the author and co-author of more than 180 research publications (monographs, textbooks and articles) written in the past 30 years. The total volume of these publications exceeds 300 printer`s pages, including:
- World economy at the turn of XX-XXI centuries. Textbook (1995);
- Financial industrial groups: international experience and establishment problems in Russia (1995, 1996);
- How to ensure capital growth: reproduction basics in a company. Textbook (1996);
- Economic fundamentals for a company’s operation (Is it possible to avoid bankruptcy?) (1996);
- Financial industrial groups: international experience and Russian realities (1996);
- Conceptual foundations for a multilevel system of higher education in Russia: review of Russian and international experience (1997).
- The capital of financial industrial corporate structures: theory and practice (1998);
- Financial industrial groups (1998);
- Russian financial industrial groups: interaction between capital and power (1998);
- Russian financial industrial groups: problems and development prospects in a crisis (1998);
- Establishment of corporate structures in modern Russian economy (1999);
- Modern foreign economic activities. Textbook (2000);
- Development of corporate structures in modern Russian economy (2000);
- Globalization of the world economy and crisis management. Parts 1, 2, 3 (2002);
- Intellectual capital – an economic development driver in modern Russia (2002);
- Valuation of a company (business). Textbook (2003);
- The economic system - a foundation of rational capital reproduction (2003);
- International economic relations. Textbook for distance learning (2003);
- World economy. Textbook for distance learning (2003);
- Financial industrial groups in modern economy. Textbook (2004);
- Modern corporate strategies and technologies in Russia. Issues I and II (2005, 2006);
- State regulation higher professional education in the context of a changing legal structure of educational institutions (2006);
- Political science. Textbook (2007);
- Corporate social responsibility: managerial aspects. Monograph (2008);
- Microeconomics: a practical approach (Managerial Economics). Textbook (2008);
- Risks of the financial crisis in Russia: drivers, scenarios and response policies. A national report (2008).
- Theoretical and methodological problems of the innovative educational system at the Finance Academy under the Government of the Russian Federation. Monograph (2008).
Membership in state and public organizations
- member of the Research Council under the Security Council of the Russian Federation
- member of the State Commission on the Development of Small and Medium Business
- member of the Subcommittee on Corporate Governance, Chamber of Commerce and Industry of the Russian Federation
- head of the analytical team for study and design of financial industrial groups
- full member of the Management and Market Academy
- member of the Russian Union of Rectors
- member of the Presidium, Moscow Council of Rectors
- member of the World Adyghe Academy of Sciences and several other public academies
- independent Board member in several companies and banks
Awards and honorary titles
Prof. Eskindarov has a number of awards and honorary titles, including:
- 1996 - Order of Friendship
- 1997 - Honored Worker of Russian Higher Professional Education - Commemorative medal "850th Anniversary of Moscow"
- 2000 - Winner of the President of the Russian Federation’s Prize in education
- 2001 - Winner of the Prize "Best Manager of 2001" in education - Honored Worker of Science and Education of the Republic of Kalmykia
- 2002 - Winner of the program "Financial Year"
- 2004 - Honored Scholar of the Republic of Ingushetia
- 2006 - Honored Scholar of the Karachayevo-Cherkess Republic
- 2007 - Honored Scholar of the Republic of Kabardino-Balkaria - Honored Scholar of the Republic of Buryatia
- 2009 - Honorary title "Honored Scholar of the Russian Federation" - Honored Worker of Education of the Republic of Kazakhstan - Honorary Doctor of the Ryskulov Kazakh Economic University