The research findings and practical achievements are incorporated in the educational process, including encyclopedias written by our scholars, scientific monographs and textbooks, many of which have won the Awards of the President of the Russian Federation, scientific articles in leading Russian and foreign journals, sets of teaching materials.
The Financial University is building the innovation support infrastructure. We have set up the Institute of Financial Markets and Applied Economics, comprising three research advisory centres – the Centre for Financial Research, Centre for Tax Research and Consulting, and Centre for Fundamental and Applied Research, as well as four scientific laboratories, an information analysis centre, and intellectual property protection department.
Particular attention is paid at the University to research activities carried out by young scholars. The Students Centre of Open Entrepreneurship, the Student Research Society, the Council of Young Scholars, and the International School of Young Scholars have been set up to promote student research. Postgraduate students from foreign countries are regular participants in research projects, international seminars and research-to-practice conferences, as well as the Summer Academy and Winter Academy sessions.
Availability of a material and technical base and developed infrastructure is an essential condition of success. The Financial University has up-to-date classrooms, multimedia and computer classes, conference halls equipped with the most advanced technical teaching aids, including state-of-the-art distance learning facilities, an information and library services complex, comfortable hotels and student dormitories, modern sports complexes with a swimming-pool and gyms, and an out-patient clinic.
International research projects
The Financial University in cooperation with partner foreign institutions implements a number of joint scientific research projects.
Among these projects should be marked the following:
- “Experience of Economic Reforms in Russia and China” together with the Central University of Economics and Finance of China;
- “ Current Problems of International Financial System Studies” together with the Alcala University and other Spanish universities. This project started in 2007 when the Framework Agreement with Santander Bank was signed.
- joint projects with the Tsenov Academy of Economics (Svishtov, Bulgaria) on:
- “Advancing Knowledge-Intensive Entrepreneurship & Innovation for Economic Growth and Social Well-being in Europe” (AEGIS) – 2009-2011, a long-term European Union project with participation of 23 universities and research centers from Europe, China, India, including the Financial University.
- International School of Young Researches in whose framework “summer” and “winter” academies on relevant issues of financial and economic sciences are being held. Researches from foreign countries, especially from CIS, participate in these events as lecturers and students.